Date Revised: 08/12/2022
1. You must be 18 years of age or older, or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, whichever is older, to visit or use Remoteworka in any manner. By visiting and continuing to use Remoteworka, you represent and warrant to Remoteworka that you have reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by these Terms. You also represent and warrant to Remoteworka that you will use Remoteworka in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
Use of Remoteworka Content
2. Remoteworka authorizes you to view and access the content available on or from Remoteworka solely for your personal use. The contents of Remoteworka, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software, and other Remoteworka content, are protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. You agree not to sell or modify the Remoteworka content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Remoteworka content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of Remoteworka, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Remoteworka or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Remoteworka' trademarks, or that otherwise infringes Remoteworka' intellectual property rights. You further agree not to misuse in any other way any Remoteworka content. The use of the Remoteworka content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. Any code that Remoteworka creates to generate or display any Remoteworka content or the pages making up any Remoteworka site is also protected by Remoteworka' copyright, and you may not copy or adapt such code.
Remoteworka Site Restrictions
3. Any Employer may request membership and/or access to submit jobs to Remoteworka, however, memberships to use Remoteworka hiring and recruiting services will only be extended to those who Remoteworka deems a good match for its platform and jobs to be posted to Remoteworka' job database will only be accepted if deemed quality likely useful for its job seekers' interests. For example, priority will be given to high-quality, verifiable organizations hiring for professional jobs which align well with the interests of the Remoteworka candidate pool and who have a good track record in their industry.
4. Users may not use Remoteworka in order to transmit, post, distribute, store, or destroy material, including without limitation, Remoteworka content, (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or hateful.
5. Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of any Remoteworka Site, including without limitation, the following activities: (a) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any Remoteworka Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing"; or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Remoteworka will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
Specific Prohibited Uses
6. The candidate profile and resume database ("Remoteworka Resume Database") and other features of Remoteworka may be used only for lawful purposes by Employers seeking employees or freelance workers. Remoteworka Resume Profiles may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals to network for professional purposes with other individuals or to seek remote work opportunities.
7. Remoteworka specifically prohibits any other use of Remoteworka, and all Users agree not to do any of the following: (a) use any Remoteworka Resume Database for any purpose other than as an Employer seeking employees or freelancers; (b) post or submit to Remoteworka any incomplete, false, or inaccurate biographical or organizational information or information which is not your own; (c) send unsolicited mail or e-mail, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to a User of Remoteworka; (d) delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity; (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any Remoteworka Site's infrastructure; or (f) aggregate, copy, or duplicate in any manner any of the Remoteworka content or information available from Remoteworka, without express written consent from Remoteworka; or (g) post jobs or content on any Remoteworka Site that contain hyperlinks, "hidden" keywords, or keywords that are irrelevant to the job or are otherwise misleading.
8. Remoteworka does not necessarily monitor materials posted, transmitted, or communicated to or within the Site. If you believe that something on the Site violates these Terms, please contact us.
10. Remoteworka reserves the right to offer third party services and products to you based on the preferences that you identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by Remoteworka or by third parties.
11. You understand and acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in your Remoteworka Account and that if you cancel your Remoteworka Account, all your account information from Remoteworka will be marked as deleted in Remoteworka' databases and will be removed from any public area of the Remoteworka Site. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Remoteworka' web servers. In addition, third parties may retain cached copies of your information.
Automatically Recurring Job Seeker Subscription
12. As stated on the subscription page (for job seekers) and membership pages (for employers) when you submit your billing information, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each month (30 days). You have the choice to cancel your account, so it doesn't renew, which you can do at any time from within your logged in account under Account Settings (read more on cancellation below in section 19). If you do not cancel your account prior to your next renewal date, it will automatically renew, and you will be billed for a continued subscription. You are solely responsible for and in control of canceling your account when you would like to no longer use the Remoteworka service. No pro-rated credit will be given for partial use of your subscription.
User Content and Submissions
13. You are responsible for your Remoteworka account information, Employer account information, job postings, Resume Profile, content, messages, audio, video, photos, text, images, compilations or other information that you post on Remoteworka or transmit to other Users ("User Content"). You agree that in submitting User Content or otherwise using any Remoteworka Site that you will not impersonate any person, or submit any materials to Remoteworka that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful, or are otherwise in violation of your obligations under these Terms.
14. When providing or forwarding information between Employer and Job Seekers, Remoteworka acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of User Content and has no obligation to screen User Content, communications, or information and is not responsible for screening or monitoring User Content. However, Remoteworka may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms, violates applicable laws, rules, or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive, or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms, or threatens the safety of, Remoteworka or its Users. Remoteworka reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to Remoteworka and/or use of Remoteworka services for violating these Terms. Remoteworka may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability for Remoteworka, damage Remoteworka' brand or public image, or cause Remoteworka to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
15. Remoteworka does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content or any other communications posted by Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
16. If notified by a User of User Content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, Remoteworka may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to take any other actions including whether to remove or request the removal of the User Content. Remoteworka has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
17. We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome your comments regarding your experience with our Site.
a. Please be advised that by submitting any comments, feedback, testimonials, or success stories you are granting Remoteworka permission to use your comments, feedback, testimonials, or success stories (collectively "Feedback") for marketing purposes unless during the original submission you explicitly state that you do not grant that permission. Remoteworka shall be entitled to unrestricted use of Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
b. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If despite our request, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the "Submission"), the Submission shall be the property of Remoteworka. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. Remoteworka shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
Username and Password
18. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, profile, and passwords, as applicable. You may not share your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and you shall be responsible for all uses of your Remoteworka registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Remoteworka of any unauthorized use of your account, profile, or passwords.
20. Job Seekers:
a. Subscription Service: Job Seekers may make payments for monthly subscription to fully access the services/benefits we offer for remote job search and career advice/growth. Job Seekers are not entitled to refunds for the job seeker subscription service.
b. Other Services: Job Seekers are not entitled to refunds on services purchased such as Career Coaching, Resume Review, or similar offerings.
a. Membership/Job Posting Service: Employers who have paid for job posting service are not entitled to a refund.
b. Other Services: Employers or Advertisers are not entitled to refunds on services purchased such as candidate profile/resume search, email marketing campaigns, or similar offerings. Please contact us if you have a question about this policy.
Policy Regarding Termination Of Users Who Infringe The Copyright Or Other Intellectual Property Rights Of Others
22. Remoteworka and all of its affiliated companies respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display, or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner's rights. As a condition to your use of Remoteworka, you agree not to use Remoteworka to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. We will terminate the accounts of any Remoteworka Users, and block access to Remoteworka of any Users who infringe the copyright, or other intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to take these actions at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, and without any liability to you.
23. Job Postings: Employers submit job postings to Remoteworka for consideration in its job database, and Remoteworka' team researches job listings for consideration to be added to its job database. In either case, every job will be reviewed to ensure it meets the quality and relevance criteria. Remoteworka reserves the right to reject job postings in our sole discretion. Additionally, Remoteworka is used by candidates to post Resume Profiles (and related application materials) and to apply for jobs. Remoteworka is not to be considered an Employer, a headhunter, a staffing agency, or in any similar capacity with respect to the use of our Site or the services we provide. Accordingly, Remoteworka shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made by any entity posting jobs on our Site. While we take extensive efforts to screen and censor the listings offered in the interest of preventing scams, abuse, and/or illegal activity, we are not responsible for the actual interactions or negotiations between potential Employers and candidates, nor for confirming or controlling the quality, accuracy, or legality of information provided by Users (which include candidates and Employers) on the Website.
24. Remoteworka may take any action with respect to User Content that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such Content could create liability for Remoteworka, damage Remoteworka' brand or public image, or cause Remoteworka to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers. While Remoteworka reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, job postings, resumes, or other material from Remoteworka from time to time, Remoteworka does not assume any obligation to do so and disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
25. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Remoteworka cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on Remoteworka, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release Remoteworka (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your interactions with other Users and any such disputes that may result from those interactions.
26. Remoteworka may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Remoteworka makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Remoteworka content. The use of all Remoteworka content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Remoteworka and may be made at any time. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content, and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on Remoteworka. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on Remoteworka. Remoteworka is not to be considered an Employer with respect to your use of Remoteworka and Remoteworka shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on any Remoteworka Site.
27. Remoteworka cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from the use of Remoteworka. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from Remoteworka shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Disclaimer of Warranty
29. Limitation and Disclaimer of Warranties. REMOTEWORKA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF ANY REMOTEWORKA SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED TO SERVICE OR REPLACE YOUR EQUIPMENT OR DATA, REMOTEWORKA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE REMOTEWORKA SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. REMOTEWORKA, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. REMOTEWORKA MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE REMOTEWORKA CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
Limitation and Disclaimer of Liability
30. IN NO EVENT SHALL REMOTEWORKA, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OTHER REMOTEWORKA AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY REMOTEWORKA SITE AND THE REMOTEWORKA CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT REMOTEWORKA IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
31. REMOTEWORKA'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY REMOTEWORKA SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE REMOTEWORKA CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $50.
Links to Other Sites
32. Remoteworka provides access to third party content and links. You understand and agree that we're only acting as a conduit and that we have no liability related to the third-party, whether arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, or obscenity. Remoteworka is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your risk.
33. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Remoteworka, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any damages, losses, or expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from any User Content or other material you provide to us, your use of any Remoteworka content, or your breach or alleged breach of these Terms. If Remoteworka wants you to defend it in any such action, we shall provide prompt notice to you of any related claim or demand.
Term and Termination
34. These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you are a User of Remoteworka at any level. Remoteworka reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of your User Content from Remoteworka and immediate termination of your registration or ability to access Remoteworka, any other Remoteworka Sites, and/or any other services provided by Remoteworka, upon any breach by you of these Terms or if Remoteworka is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to Remoteworka or pursuant to other Remoteworka Site registration. Even after you are no longer a User of Remoteworka, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between you and Remoteworka and are accepted by you upon your use of Remoteworka.